Monday 22 April 2013

Day 78 - April 18th - I cross to the south side on my way up the panhandle (Karpaz peninsular) 75 km


The scenery is much better today and the sea is crystal clear. Very few people about.
In the afternoon there are some heavy showers about and I stop 12km short of the eastern tip of the island as I find a great place to camp next to the sea, probably the best so far.

A natural swimming pool - but I wasn't tempted

This is new road - nice tarmac but a bit soul-less and very little traffic. When I can find a bit of the old road still open I take it. It winds around along the coast.

I wave down a 'Mr Whippy' van. Embarassingly, I can't find my Turkish money and he is left holding a rapidly melting ice-cream. In the end He accepts euros.

This spot will do for the night

The view from my tent. Not bad!

Cooling off the feet with a cup of tea and chocolate cake - heaven!


These rock formations look like the waves that carved them

I play boy scout and light a fire for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment