Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 74 - Sunday 14th April - Ermenek to a plum orchard in MON (middle of nowhere) - 83 kmDay 74 - Sunday 14th April - Ermenek to a plum orchard in MON (middle of nowhere) - 83 km

I'm still in the high country.....and starting to wear out. 4,000m of climb in the last 4 days; that equates to about 20 hours of pedaling uphill. The weather is good though.

I'm rattling downhill at up to 65 km/hr after the first climb of the day, and I look down to change the GPS mode as I approach a village.....Horror!......there is just an empty space where the GPS could be. In the time it takes to bring the bike to a halt I've already reconciled myself to the fact that it's gone.......skittered into the  long grass in the verge, run over by a truck, picked up by a local..............and consoled myself that the new Edge 800 might be quite nice. I turn around and pedal back uphill (groan!)....what's the point.....what's that bit of black on the road....is it?.....can it be possible?......it is! A bit chewed around the edges but still working! Off I head, happier than ever with a bungee wrapped around the GPS. Full marks to Garmin......their after- sales is rubbish but the hardware is pretty good......apart from the mount, where the catch breaks off.  : /
Packed up and ready to hit the road

This is a nature reserve............

and also a rubbish tip!



There it is!! Lost and found.

It survived!

.......and won't get away again!

...filling the water tanks


another climb over, not too many more today please

cucumbers stored in my boot - well-wrapped!


...........the long-haul truckers........my power to weight ratio is probably about the same.

I think this is the final descent into Silifke.........wrong!

I'm kindly offered green plums.......refreshing but best not eat too many of them!

Nice family - they stuffed my bar-bag full of plums despite my protests


The kids are pleased to receive my offer of a dried apricot each. Sadly, the only word the boy said to me was 'money'. Now were did he learn that?

No comments:

Post a Comment