Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 75 - Monday 15th April - MON to Tasucu - 89 km




Campsite in a plum orchard



Mustafa - nice guy but who frustratingly had wi-fi but couldn't remember the password.

Why did I think it would be a flat run to the coast?

Nice scenery though.

She is showing me the muras (blackberries) and sweetly presented me with three black ones

It's been a tough few days in the mountains but the scenery and campsites have more than compensated for the extra effort. A huge black cloud menaces in the afternoon and I catch a few drops of rain as I race down to the coastal plain at Silifke. Later, safely tucked up in my hotel the mother of all thunderstorms breaks out - thunder and lightning all night long; the rain soaking my laundry that I had optimistically draped around the balcony. I reflect on how fortunate I have been weatherwise, these last 75 days. Sure, it's not always been the best but I've not experienced true gales, snowstorms or day after day of heavy rain. The change from winter to spring has been dramatic though..........from black ice to melting tar, from near-hypothermia in Italy to the burning sun in the mountain air of Turkey. Yes, I've been lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment