Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 72 - Friday 12th April - Boskir to Taskent - 76km


I opted for the hilly route and I got it today, I sweated out over 1400m of climb today but it was worth it for the views. The highest point was 1850m, a record for this trip. The weather was perfect for cycling, sunny with a cool breeze. I take 80 photos today.......but my camera does not do the scenery justice.

I'm 3 day's riding away from the ferry port at Tasucu.........the plan is to get on the first available ferry to Cyprus and spent what remaining time I have cycling out to the north-eastern tip of Cyprus (the panhandle) and then back to Larnaca via Famagusta (or whatever the Turks call it now).

Picnic break

The original buildings are very pleasing on the eye compared to the modern concrete boxes, but nearly all are falling into ruin. I wouldn't want to be in one in an earthquake though.

Taskent is above the 'D'


Six hours in the saddle, 5 hours pedaling uphill.........slowly.
 ..
Another convivial group. The woman in the centre is an English teacher in the local primary school.

The evenings pass quickly...if quietly


No comments:

Post a Comment