Thursday 11 April 2013

Day 68 - Monday April - 8th Kirka to Cay - 85 km


The scenery gets even better but the headwind is a real struggle until I turn the corner at Afyon.
cv
Packing away








A less traditional mosque.......but it reminds me of Cape Canaveral.............

and a mini-mosque


These have been bearing down on me all afternoon, on,off,on with the wet gear

The long and not so winding road
I've been preoccupied for some time now with a chafing sound coming from my back wheel whenever I apply any force to the pedals, which is obviously most of the time. It sounds just like a brake pad scuffing the rim and has slowly been getting worse since Croatia.It was also annoying to listen to all the time.  I decided it must be my 'plastic' drive belt and worried about misalignment. I was so taken by the reliability of these belts that I didn't bother bringing a spare and there are probably only half a dozen stockists in the whole of Europe. Anyway, to cut a long story short I thought that if I wet the belt thoroughly with water, the sound would change somewhat, thereby proving that it was the belt. Lo and behold, after a drenching, the noise disappeared completely and never returned. It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment