Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 73 - Saturday 13th April - Taskent to south of Ermenek - 79 km

Soaking up the early morning sun.......Chilly nights at 1000m


A typical Antalyan mountain village high street

Taskent - This rather nice fable explains the statue below.

What flavour water would you like, sir!

This block of beige marble appears to have 'fallen off the back of a lorry'

Playtime for Michael!

The last snow of the winter

I am at the highest point (1890m) of my tour.......apparently a high point for me too!

What a beauty! Possibly the most photographed bike in the world. 


I stop for a picnic at a shepherd's refuge

The rock is full of fossils. Random thought: I wonder what the shepherds thought of them. They had probably never seen the sea so how would they recognise them.

Three 14 km climbs today - it's hot, hot, hot!


I contemplate camping in a cave......as I'm starting to smell like a caveman!

An evening grocery shop attracts a crowd

.........which starts to get a bit out of hand!

This guy stuffs a bottle of cola in my pannier........and then asks if I want to pop into the barbers for a complimentary shave. All I want to do is find somewhere to put my tent up...........out of town.

Nothing for it but to join in!

Bert (the bike) feels like royalty

........finally we get to head out of town.....and some peace and quiet

1 comment: